10th Vintage Computing Festival Berlin (VCFB) – Call for participation
13th to 15th October 2023, Pergamon-Palais, Berlin, Germany
Exhibitions, presentations and workshops
We are looking for people who would like to contribute exhibitions, presentations or workshops about the following topics:
- Historical computers: minicomputers, microcomputers, workstations, vacuum tube computers, … everything that is both interesting and older than 10 years
- Special Exhibition "50 Years of (Graphical) Personal Computing": In 1973, the computer that was so visionary that its interface design did not find its way into fairly affordable computer models until more than 10 years later was completed: the Xerox Alto. We are therefore celebrating 50 years of graphical user interfaces with windows, icons, menus and mice and look forward to seeing the pieces of your collections that reflect this progress.
- Historical software: operating systems, programming environments, games, demos, CAD software, …
- Historical computation equipment: calculating machines, slide rules, disk calculators, pocket calculators, …
- Repairs of historical computers or the like: common defects, advice for repairs, understanding measurement results, test tools, …
- Would you like to do an exhibition/presentation/workshop about something that doesn't quite fit these categories? Shoot us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll talk about it.
The registration will close on September 17th, 2023.
- The exhibition area is at ground level, cars can be parked in front of the venue for loading and unloading only. Exhibition tables are 70cm*70cm in size, at least 250 of these will be available. If you need a special power connection, please tell us beforehand.
- Buildup will start on Thursday. Tables, chairs and power need to be set up before buildup of exhibitions can begin. If you'd like to help with buildup, please send a mail to email@example.com.
- Slots for presentations are 45, 60 or 90 minutes long. Presentations will be recorded and streamed live on platforms like media.ccc.de, YouTube, Twitch etc. The recordings will be published under a Creative Commons license on the internet.
- If you'd like to contribute an exhibition/presentation/workshop, but can't cover your travel expenses, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll look for a solution.
Page last modified on 2023-08-18