Vintage Computing Festival Berlin (VCFB) – Call for participation
11th to 13th October 2019, German Museum of Technology, Berlin, Germany
Exhibitions, lectures and workshops
We are looking for people who would like to contribute exhibitions, lectures or workshops about the following topics:
- Special Exhibition “Computers from Germany”: We invite exhibitors to present (working) historic computers with a relation to Germany independently of whether they came from a German company, were designed or “Made in Germany”.
- Historical computers: minicomputers, microcomputers, workstations, vacuum tube computers, … everything that is both interesting and older than 10 years (Windows PCs usually fail requirement #1)
- Historical software: Operating systems, programming environments, games, demos, CAD software, …
- Historical computation equipment: calculating machines, slide rules, disk calculators, pocket calculators, …
- Help with repairs of historical computers/pocket calculators/…: We want to offer a repair corner where visitors can bring their own hardware and get help with repairs. Workshops for repairs are also possible, for example a workshop about repairing C64 computers.
- Would you like to do an exhibition/lecture/workshop about something that doesn't quite fit these categories? Shoot us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll talk about it.
The registration will close on August 18th, 2019.
- The exhibition area is not at ground level, but there is a wheelchair ramp. Delivering exhibits without crossing a height difference will only be possible using a truck with a tail-lift. If you want to bring heavy or big items, feel free to contact us beforehand. Cars can be parked in front of the venue for loading and unloading only, but parking space for exhibitors will be available close by. Exhibition tables are 70cm*70cm in size, at least 250 of these will be available. If you need a special power connection, please tell us beforehand.
- Buildup will start on Thursday. Tables, chairs and power need to be set up before buildup of exhibitions can begin. If you'd like to help with buildup, please send a mail to email@example.com.
- Slots for lectures are 45 or 90 minutes long. All lectures will be recorded and published under a Creative Commons license.
- If you'd like to contribute an exhibition/lecture/workshop, but can't cover your travel expenses, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll look for a solution.